- Full Loft with:
- 2x8 Floor Joists, 16" On Center
- 3/4" T&G OSB Flooring
- 2x6 Rafters, 16" On Center (24" with metal roof)
- 2x4 Perlins, 24" On Center (metal roof only)
- Full length ridge and soffit vent
- 40 Year Painted Metal Roof
- 30 Year Architectural Shingles with 7/16" Roof Sheeting and tar paper underlayment
- (4) 18"x36" Windows
Garages without a floor come standard with Pressure Treated 6"x6" timbers around the perimeter of each half. This holds the building together during shipping and also is the base on which the walls are built.
OPTION #1: Pour a concrete slab and set the building directly on the concrete. The 6"x6" PT timbers then get cut out in the garage door openings and the opening between the two halves. Customer is then responsible to anchor building to concrete.
OPTION #2: Level and tamp a gravel or crushed stone pad. Building is then delivered and set leaving the 6"x6" PT timbers intact. Concrete can then be poured inside the garage, using the PT timbers as a form. This is the perfect form for 5 ½" thick concrete.
NOTE: For town codes requiring the garage to be set on frost footers, 18" diameter x 4' deep pillars can be poured at specific locations, the garage is then set, and the concrete slab is then poured inside the garage similar to option#2.